- Proclamation 2024 Pre-Adoption Samples are now available to review and comment on.
- The High Enrollment Growth adjustments for 2023 have been determined for eligible districts and open-enrollment charter schools.
- Information on the revised TEKS Certification 2023–24 Process can be found on the TEA website. The process includes both ratification of the TEKS Certification 2023–24 Form and submission of the TEKS Certification 2023–24 Survey.
- The Texas Education Agency (TEA) needs volunteers to review materials under Proclamation 2024. Teachers, administrators, parents, business community members, and others with appropriate content knowledge are welcome. Please consider joining us—or nominating someone else to join us for the Proclamation 2024 state review panel (SRP) by submitting a Proclamation 2024 SRP Application.
- The List of Compliance Phonics Programs and the K–3 English and Spanish phonics reports are now available on the Texas Resource Review website.
- View a summary of TEA available materials print and digital access (PDF).
TEA provides support and coordination for the review, adoption, and distribution of state-adopted instructional materials and provides Texas educators with direct access to select materials.
A growing body of research points to the positive impact high-quality instructional materials can have on student learning. TEA defines high-quality materials as those that ensure full coverage of Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS), align with research-based instructional strategies in each subject area, support all learners, and include:
- Progress monitoring through embedded, aligned assessments
- Implementation support
- All teacher- and student-facing resources needed for instruction
Texas Resource Review provides detailed, independent quality reviews of many instructional materials to help districts make informed decisions.
Instructional Materials and Implementation Division
1701 North Congress Avenue, Room 3-110
Austin, Texas 78701-1494