Special Monitoring Division
Through monitoring activities including onsite and desk reviews, the Special Monitoring Division auditors will ensure that Disaster Relief and Federal Grant funds are utilized to maximize project goals and objectives, to identify and prevent wasteful spending, and minimize waste, fraud, and abuse.
Special Monitoring Division is currently monitoring five different grants:
- ESSER I - The Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) I grant program is authorized in Title VIII, Division B, of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, which was signed into law in March 2020.
- CRRSA ESSER II - The ESSER II grant program was authorized in the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA), signed into law in December 2020.
- ARP ESSER III Grant Program - The ARP ESSER III grant program is authorized in the American Rescue Plan Act (ARP), signed into law in March 2021.
- Immediate Aid to Restart School Operations (Restart)
- TCLAS - Texas COVID Learning Acceleration Supports (TCLAS) is a set of funding and targeted supports available to Local Education Agencies (LEAs) to accelerate student learning in the wake of COVID-19, utilizing state and federal funds.
*Please refer to the link in the grant name for a full list of monitored grantees.
|Grant Name||Grant Period||Number of Recipients||Total Amount Awarded|
|2020–2021 CARES ESSER I*||03/13/2020 – 09/30/2022||1133||$1,157,281,017|
|2020–2022 CRRSA ESSER II*||03/13/2020 – 09/30/2023||1146||$4,977,998,413|
|2020–2023 ARP ESSER III*||03/13/2020 – 09/30/2024||1147||$11,164,226,325|
|2020–2022 Restart - Hurricane Harvey, Cycle 2*||08/25/2017 – 05/17/2021||39||$34,441,892|
|2021–2023 Restart - Hurricane Harvey, Cycle 3||08/25/2017 – 6/15/2023||10||$6,920,281|
|2021–2024 Texas COVID Learning Acceleration Supports (TCLAS)||03/01/2021 – 08/31/2024||547||$354,236,048|