This page provides you with information on curriculum, rules, and news. We welcome any suggestions you have that will improve this site for people who provide high-quality Physical Education programs for students. Join our mailing list and receive updates.
The Division of Curriculum provides direction and leadership to Physical Education programs that serve students from Kindergarten through Grade 12. Curriculum staff members assist districts with implementation of the TEKS. They also assist the instructional materials division with the materials adoption process for Kindergarten through Grade12 Health Education.
Physical education standards may be found at Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills for Physical Education 19 TAC Chapter 116.
The following links provide the latest news about Health Education.
Correspondence Regarding Middle and Junior High School Health Education Instruction and Coordinated School Health Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
Physical Education (PE) and Physical Activity (PA) Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 261KB)
The following links are about physical education:
- Coordinated School Health Programs
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (outside source)
- Dietary Guidelines (outside source)
- President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports (outside source)
- Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE) (outside source)
- Texas Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (TAHPERD) (outside source)
- Texas Education Agency Health and Safety
- Texas State Athletic Trainer’s Association (TSATA) (outside source)
- University Interscholastic League (UIL) (outside source)
- UIL Athletics Health and Safety (outside source)
- UIL Cold Weather Illness (outside source)
- UIL Heat Stress and Athletic Participation (outside source)
The following resources provide information about physical education:
- National Physical Education Standards (outside source)
- Off-campus Physical Activity Programs Instructions (PDF, 47KB)
- Off-campus Physical Activity Programs Approval Request (PDF, 127KB)
- ESC Representatives
Barney Fudge, Statewide Coordinator, Health and Safety
Texas Education Agency
1701 North Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78701-1401
Curriculum Standards and Student Support Division