Vision & Mission
The Division of Authorizing strives to increase the quality of charter schools and virtual/hybrid programs and schools across Texas. We measure this success through the strength of our portfolio our authorizing practices, and belief from the education community on our LEA-focused mindset.
We are driven to cultivate innovative, high-quality learning opportunities and to empower the charter community, virtual/hybrid school and course providers, and district leaders through leadership, guidance and support.
News & Events
Generation 29 Application Cycle is Closed
The Generation 29 application cycle is closed. Applicants can expect to receive notification of next steps by the end of November. Prospective applicants can review the Generation 29 materials as a resource, or if you have questions contact the new schools application team via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TREx Access Is Open to New Charter Campuses and Sites
Charters now have access to TREx for those campuses/sites to obtain records for students who are being enrolled in the new campus/site. The campus must be activated in AskTED and listed as “Under Construction” for access to be available.
- Use the All In One form to request your new campus number to get the required “Under Construction” status in AskTED. Please note that even though users may request student records through the TREx application, the release of such information will be determined by the school district where the student is currently enrolled.
- Please contact email@example.com or click on the TREx Support Portal within the TREx application for any questions.
- How to RequestAccess to TREx in TEAL Click Sheet (PDF)
Resources & Information
The following webpages provide useful information and additional links to other resources..
- Have questions and need answers?
See our FAQs.
- Need to file a local grievance or complaint?
Visit TEA Complaints Management page.
- Why did the charter school close?
See Charter Schools Closure Information.
- Have questions about TEA grants and grant processes?
Visit Grants Administration page.
- Have questions about FSP submission deadlines?
Visit Charter School Finance page.
- Want to receive news bulletins from our charter school policy team?
Sign up for updates!
Division of Authorizing
Phone (512) 463-9575
For additional support, email the following as appropriate:
- Charter Application
- Charter Amendments or Revisions
- Remote Learning
- AskTED Assistance