Appeals to the Commissioner of Education, Hearings and Appeals Division
Educators that received a notice of proposed contract termination, non-renewal, suspension without pay, and persons aggrieved by actions or decision of any school district board of trustees' grievance decision that violates the school laws of this state or a provision of a written employment contract between the school district and the school district employee may appeal to the Commissioner of Education.
- General Information
- Instructions for Filing a 7.057 Appeal
- Instructions for Filing a Ch. 21 Appeal
- Instructions for Filing a Request for a Hearing before Independent Hearing Examiner
- Sample Forms for Filing an Appeal
- Education Law & Regulations of the Commissioner of Education Relating to Appeals Before the Commissioner
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Electronic Filing System
- Decisions of the Commissioner and Independent Hearing Examiner Recommendation Database
The Division of Hearings and Appeals does not hear appeals related to educator certifications. All matters related to educator certification should contact TEA's Educator Certification Division.
All matters related to a complaint should be directed to TEA's Complaint Management Division at (512) 463-3544 or email ComplaintsManagement@tea.texas.gov.
For questions, please contact Christina Eischens, Office of the General Counsel, Division of Hearings and Appeals at Christina.Eischens@tea.texas.gov or (512) 463-0489.