Charter School Incubator
The TEA Charter School Incubator is launching new programs to support different types of leaders in growing the number of high-quality open enrollment (Subchapter D) and in-district (Subchapter C) charter schools in Texas.
- Replication and Expansion: For existing single-site charter leaders seeking to replicate or expand, or for any CMO looking to expand to a new region
- New Charter Incubation for Experienced School Leaders: For existing school leaders and leadership team members interested in opening a new charter school
- In-District Charter Incubation: For leaders looking to open a new in-district charter school
If you are interested in this opportunity, please complete the non-binding Intent to Apply Form or attend one of our information sessions!
New information session dates will be announced in October 2023!
What to Expect
While each program varies, participants can generally expect:
- 5+ months of an intensive cohort experience, focused on vision development and school model planning to ensure a strong application/amendment
- One year of additional coaching to support a strong school launch
- Access to leadership development programs and tailored support in topics most relevant to you
- A $100K stipend (+benefits) to support deep engagement in this work
Districts interested in launching new schools can find more information on the School Action Fund page.