Amplify Texas Elementary Literacy Program
Core K–5 Reading Language Arts (English and Spanish) and Supplemental K–2 Phonics Units
Freely available in perpetuity
The Amplify Texas Elementary Literacy Program is specifically designed for Texas students and is built on the Science of Reading. The program is designed to meet 100% of standards, but it includes specific content for K–2 skills that may be used separately as a supplement to any core curriculum. The program is comprised of skills units specifically focused in K–2 and knowledge domains for grades K–5.
K–5 Knowledge Domains
Through complex read-alouds with an emphasis on classroom interactivity, oral comprehension, and contextual vocabulary, students start to build their awareness of the world around them. The product is designed to offer a coherent knowledge sequence across the domains of science, social studies, and literature that builds within each grade and across grade levels in English and Spanish.
K–2 Phonics Units
Starting with sounds, students practice their phonemic awareness, handwriting skills, vocabulary, spelling, and grammar. Through daily practice, students become aware of the connection between reading and writing, building confidence as they go. The K–2 skills units may be used as a stand-alone, supplemental curriculum.
A new K-2 Spanish phonics program, Habilidades y Destrezas, has launched for the 2022-23 school year. View the Getting Started webinar to learn about the pedagogy and design of this new phonics resource, how to order materials, and how to get started with Habilidades y Destrezas in the classroom.
Every day in grades K–2, students complete one full skills lesson focused on building strong foundational reading skills, as well as one full knowledge lesson that builds background around key topics or themes. In grades 3–5, students start to master the basic skills of reading, so the foundational skills and knowledge units are integrated.
The core product offers 180 days of instruction aligned to the TEKS and ELPS and includes free, downloadable PDF teacher guides, student activity books, image supports, student readers, and other resources. Some units also include digital instructional materials, such as read-aloud videos for grades K–2, editable PDF activity books, and exit tickets for grades 3–5.
To learn more, view the Amplify Texas Elementary Literacy Program overview.
K–5 Core Reading Language Arts
- Grade 3 Unit 1 Teacher Guide English (PDF) | Grade 3 Unit 1 Teacher Guide Spanish (PDF)
- Lesson Plan English (PDF)| Lesson Plan Spanish (PDF)
- Grade 1 Caregiver Supports Letter English (PDF) | Grade 1 Caregiver Supports Letter Spanish (PDF)
- Grade 3 Unit 10 Assessment English (PDF) | Grade 3 Unit 10 Assessment Spanish (PDF)
K–2 Phonics Units
- Grade 1 Reader Sample English (PDF) | Grade 1 Reader Sample Spanish (PDF)
- Grade 3 Vocabulary Guide (PDF)
- Unit Plan (PDF)
- Lesson Plan English (PDF) | Lesson Plan Spanish (PDF)
- Amplify ELAR Texas for Grades 6–8 (freely available through September 2023)
- Amplify Reading Texas for grades K–2 (freely available through August 2022) and 6–8 (freely available through August 2023)