School Transportation Funding
School transportation funding, known as the transportation allotment, is part of overall Foundation School Program (FSP) funding. It is included as a separate line item on a school district's state aid report, known as the Summary of Finances report. Districts report transportation data to the agency through the web-based FSP System.
Handbook, and Reporting Instructions
FSP Transportation Deadlines
- Only applies to new applicants for transportation allotment
- Completed application submitted by deadline to: email@example.com
August 1: Route Services Report
- Report opens in FSP Application during the first week of June
- Both this report and the Operations Report are required to receive transportation funding
December 1 : Operations Report
- Report opens in FSP Application during the first week of October
- Both this report and the Route Services report are required to receive transportation funding
TEAL User Account and FSP System Application
To complete and submit transportation Route Services and Operations reports, assigned district personnel must have a TEA Login (TEAL) user account and access to the Foundation School Program (FSP) application.
- Simplified Instructions to obtain TEAL User Account and FSP Application Access
- TEAL and Getting FSP Application Access
- TEAL Quick Reference for Organization Approvers
To determine the status of the school district's Transportation reports at any time access School District State Aid Reports:
- Select Report: Transportation Status
- Select School Year
- For Sub Module, select Route Services or Operations
- Click Submit
Transportation reports are required to be in SUBMITTED or APPROVED status by the deadline dates listed above in the Transportation Deadlines section.
The templates and examples are provided for route descriptions, eligible rider rosters, and official counts of eligible riders.
- Turn-by-Turn Route Description: (PDF 49 KB) (Excel 60 KB) / Example: (PDF 269 KB)
- Eligible Rider Roster – Regular, Home-to-School: (PDF 48 KB) (Word 189 KB) / Example: (PDF 69 KB)
- Eligible Rider Roster – Regular, and other Subprograms: (PDF 32 KB) (Word 102 KB)
- Charter School Eligible Rider Roster: (Word 212 KB) / Example: (Word 409 KB)