Teaching Strategies for Texas
Core Instructional Materials for Prekindergarten
Freely available through November 2023
Teaching Strategies for Texas provides a research-based digital curriculum built on all ten domains of the Texas prekindergarten guidelines and the specific dual-language needs of Texas. This program supports the whole child in becoming a creative, confident, and caring learner. All resources are available in English and Spanish. Educators gain access to the digital content library with comprehensive classroom resources, including teaching guides, fiction and nonfiction children’s books, and assessments to drive instruction.
Districts also have the option to use the GOLD Embedded Formative Assessment as their assessment instrument if they choose, available at no cost through November 2023.
View the complete Teaching Strategies for Texas scope and sequence document (PDF).
- Teaching Guide: Water (PDF)
- Spanish Teaching Guide Sample: Water (PDF)
- Unit Assessment: Treasure Hunt (PDF)
- Lesson Plan: Water Day 1 Investigation 1 (PDF)
- Spanish Lesson Plan: Water Day 1 Investigation 1 (PDF)
- Formative Assessment: Letter Quest (PDF)
- Spanish Formative Assessment: Letter Quest (PDF)
- Family At-Home Learning Guide: Water (PDF)
- Spanish Family At-Home Learning Guide: Water (PDF)