Teaching Strategies for Texas
Full-Subject Materials, Temporary License: Prekindergarten
Freely available through November 2023
The Creative Curriculum® for Texas by Teaching Strategies provides a research-based digital curriculum built on all ten domains of the Texas prekindergarten guidelines and the specific dual-language needs of Texas. This program supports the whole child in becoming a creative, confident, and caring learner. All resources are available in English and Spanish. Educators gain access to the digital content library with comprehensive classroom resources, including teaching guides, fiction and nonfiction children’s books, and assessments to drive instruction.
As part of contingency planning for the disruptions of COVID, TEA acquired temporary, statewide licenses for the Creative Curriculum® for Texas by Teaching Strategies, and it has been freely available for Texas schools as part of the state’s emergency response. As part of the emergency procurement process, TEA conducted a limited review of the content for Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) coverage and quality.
View the complete the Creative Curriculum® for Texas by Teaching Strategies scope and sequence document (PDF).
- Teaching Guide: Water (PDF)
- Spanish Teaching Guide Sample: Water (PDF)
- Unit Assessment: Treasure Hunt (PDF)
- Lesson Plan: Water Day 1 Investigation 1 (PDF)
- Spanish Lesson Plan: Water Day 1 Investigation 1 (PDF)
- Formative Assessment: Letter Quest (PDF)
- Spanish Formative Assessment: Letter Quest (PDF)
- Family At-Home Learning Guide: Water (PDF)
- Spanish Family At-Home Learning Guide: Water (PDF)
View units and modules for the Creative Curriculum® for Texas by Teaching Strategies.
Digital Tool Add-ons
Districts also have the option to use the GOLD Embedded Formative Assessment as their assessment instrument if they choose, available at no cost through November 2023.