Distinguished Elementary Educator Recognition Pool
|June 16, 2022
|Distinguished Elementary Educator Recognition Pool
|TAA and Chief Academic Officers
|Submit recommendations for distinguished educators by June 30, 2022
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) would like to invite school and district leaders to recommend distinguished elementary school teachers, specialists, and/or principals to be included in the Texas Distinguished Educator Recognition Pool. These educators may be considered for special statewide recognition programs and demonstrate the following:
- Exceptional educational talent as evidenced by effective instructional practices and student learning;
- Exemplary educational accomplishments beyond the classroom that provide models of excellence for the profession;
- Early-to-mid career educational experience that demonstrates long-range potential for professional and policy leadership; and
- An engaging and inspiring presence that motivates and impacts students, colleagues, and the community.
Candidates must be elementary school teachers, specialists, and principals who have a minimum of five years of experience in education. Of special interest are educators who are outstanding and have not received other recognition.
For each individual you recommend, please complete and submit the following by June 30, 2022.
- The Distinguished Elementary Educator Recognition Pool Survey
- Optional: a one-page narrative letter of recommendation (upload using link above)
- Optional: a resume of the candidate (upload using link above)
We request that you do not share this information with the recommended individual or collaborate with a colleague to complete the recommendation. To the extent permitted by law, information regarding the recommender will not be released by TEA to the public in a way that identifies the recommender.
We look forward to working with you as we continue our efforts to recognize and learn from distinguished educators across the state. For more information, please email email@example.com.
Deputy Commissioner of Educator Support
Texas Education Agency