Certification Based on Credentials from another Country

If you hold a standard educator certificate or credential from a country outside of the United States and its territories, you must apply for a review of your out-of-country credentials.

Application Instructions

You must apply for the review of out-of-country credentials and pay a $180 non-refundable fee.

Detailed information about the above required documents (PDF, KB 385.90)

One-Year Certificate

Once you have completed the review of credentials, you may be eligible for a One-Year Certificate. You must submit acceptable proof of oral English language proficiency before a certificate can be issued. You must complete all appropriate tests to establish the Standard certificate.

Standard certificate

Once your required tests and oral English language proficiency requirements are met you must apply for your Standard certificate.