General Resources | Specific Resources | Assessed Curriculum | Blueprints | Released Tests
The State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) program, which was implemented in spring 2012, includes annual assessments for
- reading and mathematics, grades 3–8
- writing at grades 4 and 7
- science at grades 5 and 8
- social studies at grade 8
- end-of-course (EOC) assessments for English I, English II, Algebra I, biology and U.S history.
Beginning in spring 2016, STAAR English III and Algebra II will be available for districts to administer as optional assessments.
The resources on this website provide information to familiarize Texas educators and the public with the design and format of the STAAR program. The information should help educators understand how the STAAR program measures the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) curriculum standards. These resources should support, not narrow or replace, the teaching of the state-mandated curriculum, the TEKS.
STAAR General Resources
Use the links below to find general resources for the STAAR assessment program:
STAAR Specific Resources
The links below contain specific resources for the STAAR assessment program:
Grades 3–8 Assessments
Grades 3–5 Spanish Assessments
Special Education Students and English Language Learners
The STAAR program includes assessments that address students receiving special education services and also for English language learners (ELLs) who meet particular participation requirements.
- Assessments for Students Receiving Special Education Services:
STAAR A | STAAR Alternate 2
- Assessments for English Language Learners: STAAR Spanish | STAAR L