Community Parent Resource Centers (CPRCs) serve families of children and young adults from birth to age 22 with various disabilities, including physical, cognitive, emotional, and learning disabilities.
CPRCs help families:
- obtain appropriate education and services for their children with disabilities;
- work to improve education results for all children;
- train and inform parents and professionals on a variety of topics;
- resolve problems between families and schools or other agencies; and
- connect children with disabilities to community resources that address their special needs.
Texas has two CPRCs serving specific geographic areas of the state.
The Arc of Texas in the Rio Grande Valley
Serving the Rio Grande Valley of Southern Texas
Leticia Padilla, Project Director 601 N Texas Blvd
Weslaco, TX 78596
Special Kids, Inc. (SKI)
Serving Houston independent school district:
- South Central
Agnes, Johnson, Project Director
P.O. Box 266958
Houston, TX 77207-6958