Assessment Resources for Teachers and Administrators
Listed below are links to resources commonly used by districts and regional Education Service Centers (ESCs) to support activities surrounding the administration of STAAR,STAAR Alternate 2, TELPAS, and TELPAS Alternate. If you cannot find the information you need, please access the Student Assessment A–Z Directory or contact the Student Assessment Division at (512) 463-9536 or email@example.com.
Use the links below to access information on state administered assessments.
- STAAR Spanish
- STAAR Alternate 2
- TELPAS Alternate
- Special Education
- Emergent Bilingual (EB) Students
The Test Security webpage contains links to resources available to assist districts in maintaining the security and confidentiality of the student assessment program. The webpage also includes information and instructions related to the reporting of testing irregularities.
Test Administration Manuals and Materials
The Test Administration Manuals and Materials webpage contains links to various resources needed for district and campus personnel to successfully administer state assessments.
The following links contain general resources on state administered tests.
- Accommodation Resources
- District Personnel and Shipping Information
- Language Proficiency Assessment Committee (LPAC) Assessment Resources
- Texas Assessment Management System (TAMS)(external link)
- Online Incident Report
- Locally Determined Disciplinary Action (external link)
- STAAR Out-of-District Testing (external link)
- Data File Formats
- Interpreting Assessment Reports
- Raw Score Conversion Tables
- STAAR Released Test Questions
- State-Approved Group-Administered Achievement Tests
- Test Development Process (PDF)
- Testing Calendars
- TETN Schedule
- Statewide Assessment Results
- STAAR Performance Standards
- Assessment Summary Results by State, Region, District, and Campus (external link)
2021 Texas Assessment Conference Presentations
- Texas Assessment Program Updates (PDF posted 11/22/2021)
- Overview of HB 3906 and the STAAR Redesign (PDF posted 11/22/2021)
- TEA Updates: Assessments for Special Populations (PDF posted 11/22/2021)
- Investigating Test Security Issues (PDF posted 11/22/2021)
- Reading Language Arts Updated (PDF posted 11/22/2021)
- STAAR Redesign for Math, Science, and Social Studies (PDF posted 11/22/2021)
- Optional Assessment Programs: STAAR Interim Assessments and TFAR (PDF posted 11/22/2021)
- T-TRADE Assessment Item Development Pilot (PDF posted 11/22/2021)
- NAEP 2022 (PDF posted 11/22/2021)
- Student Assessment Game Plan (PDF posted 11/22/2021)