Teacher Certification Redesign
Content Pedagogy Assessments
The following content assessments will be updated to include increased content pedagogy to be assessed through both multiple choice and constructed response questions. The dates below represent the current target date. Any amendments will be made on this site. The dates listed are the scheduled launch dates - could be subject to change to a later date.
All new assessments will have test frameworks released about 12-18 months before the scheduled launch date on this website.
January 1, 2021
September 1, 2021
- Early Childhood through Grade 3 Content (292) - new exam
- Science of Teaching Reading (293) - new exam
- Early Childhood-Grade 6 Core Subjects (391) - updated exam
- Early Childhood-Grade 6 Core Subjects (291) will be available through December 31, 2021
- Educational Diagnostician (253)
- current exam #153 will be available until December 31, 2020
- Please e-mail your assigned program specialist for information, materials, and updated alignment charts.
- Physical Education EC-12- 258
- current exam #158 will be available until August 31, 2021
- School Counselor - 252
- current exam #152 will be available until August 31, 2020
- Trade and Industrial Workforce Training Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities 6-12 - 370
- current exam #270 will be available until August 31, 2021January 1, 2022
- 4-8 ELAR -217
New Certificate Field Addition
- Early Childhood-Grade 3 Certificate
Please e-mail your assigned program specialist for information, materials, and updated alignment charts.
edTPA is currently being considered at the state level as a licensure requirement.
PACT (Pre-Admission Content Test)
Pre-Admission Content Test (PACT) candidates will take a new series of exams beginning January 27, 2020. Registration and appointment scheduling for these new TX PACT exams is available with Pearson. Applicants enrolling in a preparation program that requires a PACT exam beginning January 27, 2020, must complete a passing score on the appropriate new content certification examination that corresponds with each certificate area.
Texas Educator Preparation Programs can apply to offer intensive pre-service that must provide specific programmatic requirements for a candidate prior to issuing an intern certificate. Please e-mail your assigned program specialist for information regarding §228.33. Intensive Pre-Service.