Language Proficiency Assessment Committee Resources
Participation of emergent bilingual (EB) students, also referred to as English learners (ELs) in state assessments, requires language proficiency assessment committees (LPACs) to make assessment decisions on an individual student basis. This is in accordance with administrative procedures established by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and in the Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 101, Subchapter AA, Commissioner’s Rules. To view all EB student resources related to state assessments, visit the EB webpage. For assistance on the implementation of state and federal guidance regarding program services for EB students, visit the English Learner Support Division webpage.
The resources on this page provide LPACs with the information they need to comply with state requirements as they monitor the progress and needs of EB students and make state assessment decisions for the following:
- State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR)
- Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS)
- TELPAS Alternate
As policies and documents are finalized, they will be posted as separate links. Documents updated or revised within a school year will indicate the date of revision.
2022–2023 LPAC Decision-Making Resources
Links below contain information on LPACs.
The link below includes training materials for LPACS:
- 2022–2023 LPAC Training Presentation (PDF) — Posted 10/10/22
- 2022–2023 LPAC Training Presentation (PowerPoint) — Posted 10/10/22
- 2022-2023 LPAC Decision Making Training Presentation — Link to LMS Updated 1/10/23
Decision-Making Guide for State Assessment Programs
Use the links below to access decision-making guide for the state assessment programs:
- 2022-2023 LPAC Decisions Educator Guide (PDF) — Posted 10/10/22
Other LPAC Resources
Use the link below to access other LPAC resources:
- Instructions for Years in U.S. Schools Data Collection (PDF) — Posted 10/10/22
EB Student Assessment Documentation Forms
Use the links below to open EB student assessment documentation forms:
- 2022–2023 LPAC Participation and Designated Supports Form-Grades K-5 (PDF) — Posted 10/10/22
- 2022–2023 LPAC Participation and Designated Supports Form-Grades 6-12 (PDF) — Posted 10/10/22
- 2022–2023 LPAC STAAR English I Special Provision Documentation form (PDF) — Posted 10/10/22
- LPAC Student History Worksheet (PDF) — Posted 10/10/22
- Affirmation of Asylee/Refugee Status When Official Documents Delayed (PDF) — Posted 10/10/22
Use the links below to access additional information:
For additional information, contact TEA using the Student Assessment Help Desk or call 512-463-9536.