Information on State Assessments for English Learners
This webpage contains information on state assessments for English learners (ELs) and includes resources for
- Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS)
- TELPAS Alternate
- Language Proficiency Assessment Committees (LPACs)
Use the following links to go directly to the selected EL information.
Resources from Presentations and Conferences
- Title III Symposium TELPAS and TELPAS Alternate (PPT posted 08/13/19)
- Title III Symposium TELPAS and TELPAS Alternate (PDF posted 08/13/19)
- Title III Symposium Writing in the Content Areas and TELPAS (PPT posted 08/09/17)
- Title III Symposium Writing in the Content Areas and TELPAS (PDF posted 08/09/17)
You can use the link below to access general information on ELs:
For additional information, contact TEA using the Student Assessment Help Desk or call 512-463-9536.