The purpose of this letter is to notify local education agencies (LEAs) that the 2012 Title III Annual Measurable Achievement Objectives (AMAOs) reports are now available for access using the TEA Secure Environment (TEA SE) NCLB Reports application. A 2012 Title III AMAOs report is available in TEA SE for all LEAs with identified English language learners (ELLs). Under the Title III accountability system, an LEA that receives Title III funds and has not met one or more of the AMAOs is subject to required interventions as per Title III, Part A, Sections 3122(b) and 3302(b) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA).
AMAOs Reports Access
Users may view their LEA Title III AMAOs reports provided they have access to TEA SE and to the NCLB Reports application in TEA SE. Users may request access, or other related assistance, as follows:
- To gain access to TEA SE, complete an online request for a new TEA SE user account at https://seguin.tea.state.tx.us/appsng/um/apply.aspx.
- To add NCLB Reports to an existing user name and password for another TEA application, log on to TEA SE at https://seguin.tea.state.tx.us/apps/logon.asp and follow instructions provided for adding access to the NCLB Reports application.
- To address questions related to accessing AMAOs reports through the new secure environment, TEA Login (TEAL), please visit the TEA Secure Applications Overview and Help page at http://www.tea.state.tx.us/webappaccess/Overview.htm or contact TEA via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for Title III-Funded LEAs Not Meeting AMAOs
If the 2012 AMAOs report for your LEA indicates that the district did not meet one or more of the AMAOs, the district is required to provide parental notification within 30 days to the parents of all ELLs in the district to inform them that the district did not meet all AMAOs for the 2011-2012 school year. In order to meet this federal requirement, the district must provide notification no later than December 17, 2012.
In addition, if your LEA has not met one or more AMAOs for two or more consecutive years, TEA Title III staff will contact your district administrator regarding additional requirements based on the number of consecutive years for which your LEA has not met all AMAOs.
2012 AMAOs Resources
Please visit the TEA’s ELL Web Portal, located at www.elltx.org, to access the following resources related to the 2012 Title III AMAOs:
- 2012 Annual Measurable Achievement Objectives (AMAOs) Guide
- AMAOs Parental Notification Instructions (applies only to LEAs not meeting all AMAOs)
- Sample AMAOs Parental Notification Letters in English and Spanish
If you have questions regarding the Title III AMAOs, please contact Ms. Elizabeth Minjárez in the Curriculum Division, at (512) 463-9581 or via email at email@example.com. If you have other related questions, please contact the appropriate TEA division for further assistance.
- Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP)– Division of Performance Reporting
(512) 463-9704, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Identification and Instruction of ELLs– Bilingual/ESL Unit, Curriculum Division
(512) 463-9581, email@example.com
- TELPAS– ELL Assessments, Student Assessment Division
(512) 463-9536, firstname.lastname@example.org