Assessment Resources for Teachers and Administrators
Listed below are links to resources commonly used by districts and regional Education Service Centers (ESCs) to support activities surrounding the administration of STAAR,STAAR Alternate 2, TELPAS, and TELPAS Alternate. If you cannot find the information you need, please access the Student Assessment A–Z Directory or contact the Student Assessment Division at (512) 463-9536 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the links below to access information on state administered assessments.
- STAAR Spanish
- STAAR Alternate 2
- TELPAS Alternate
- Special Education
- Emergent Bilingual (EB) Students
The Test Security webpage contains links to resources available to assist districts in maintaining the security and confidentiality of the student assessment program. The webpage also includes information and instructions related to the reporting of testing irregularities.
Test Administration Manuals and Materials
The Test Administration Manuals and Materials webpage contains links to various resources needed for district and campus personnel to successfully administer state assessments.
The following links contain general resources on state administered tests.
- Accommodation Resources
- District Personnel and Shipping Information
- Language Proficiency Assessment Committee (LPAC) Assessment Resources
- Texas Assessment Management System (TAMS)(external link)
- Online Incident Report
- Locally Determined Disciplinary Action (external link)
- STAAR Out-of-District Testing (external link)
- Data File Formats
- Interpreting Assessment Reports
- Raw Score Conversion Tables
- STAAR Released Test Questions
- State-Approved Group-Administered Achievement Tests
- Test Development Process (PDF)
- Testing Calendars
- TETN Schedule
- Statewide Assessment Results
- STAAR Performance Standards
- Assessment Summary Results by State, Region, District, and Campus (external link)
2022 Texas Assessment Conference Presentations
- 2023 Accountability System Refresh Update Fall 2022 (PDF posted 12/6/2022)
- Assessment Conference Brochure 2022 (PDF posted 12/6/2022)
- Math, Science, and Social Studies Update (PDF posted 12/6/2022)
- Assessment Updates for Special Populations (PDF posted 1/2/2023)
- Reading Language Arts Update (PDF posted 12/6/2022)
- Student Assessment Updates (PDF coming soon)
- Open Education Resources (OER) Curricula and Assessments (PDF posted 12/6/22 )
For additional information, contact TEA using the Student Assessment Help Desk or call 512-463-9536.