LOI: Lone Star Governance Exemplar Cohort SY19_20
February 7, 2019
LOI: Lone Star Governance Exemplar Cohort SY19/20
Share with the Board of Trustees
The Lone Star Governance (LSG) Exemplar Cohort is now accepting Letters of Interest (LOI) for the 2019-2020 School Year Cohort.
This intensive program is designed for committed governing teams – school boards with their superintendents – that are dedicated to continually sharpening and cultivating their focus on one primary objective: improving student outcomes.
The LSG Exemplar Cohort is a yearlong program with the option of a one-year extension based on available funding, and includes the following at no cost to the LEA:
- Attendance at an LSG workshop with fellow cohort members;
- Dedicated LSG Coach;
- Monthly implementation support tailored for the board, board chair, superintendent, and staff;
- Quarterly board self-evaluation support;
- All statutorily required board member trainings;
- Early access to Lone Star Governance related trainings; and
- Collaboration with, learning from, and learning with other high-performing governing teams.
Any independent school district or charter district governing team is eligible to apply, though the cohort will be limited to no more than 12 governing teams. All eligible expenses of participating LEAs will be reimbursed on a monthly basis. Additional details and submission directions are attached below.
Please refer to http://tea.texas.gov/lsg for updates and further information. If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact AJ Crabill, Deputy Commissioner of Governance, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attachment — Letter of Interest: SY19/20 Cohort