Extension of End Dates for 2019-2020 ESSA Federal Consolidated Grant and the 2019-2020 Title V, Part B Rural and Low-Income School Program Grant Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
|Date:||June 25, 2020|
|Subject:||Extension of End Dates for 2019-2020 ESSA Federal Consolidated Grant and the 2019-2020 Title V, Part B Rural and Low-Income School Program Grant Due to COVID-19 Pandemic|
|Category:||Federal Grants; Deadline Approaching|
|Next Steps:||Submit Amendments to Applications if Needed|
On April 10, 2020, the U.S. Department of Education approved TEA’s waiver request for an extension to the period of availability for the following 2018-2019 federal grant funds listed below, which would have ended September 30, 2020.
- Title I, Part A—Improving Basic Programs
- Title I, Part C—Migrant Education Program
- Title I, Part D, Subpart 1—Neglected, Delinquent, State Agency Programs
- Title I, Part D, Subpart 2—Neglected, Delinquent, and At-Risk Programs
- Title II, Part A—Teacher and Principal Training and Recruiting Programs
- Title III, Part A—English Language Acquisition and Immigrant Programs
- Title IV, Part A—Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grants
- Title V, Part B—Rural and Low-Income School (RLIS) Program Grant
These funds will now be available until September 30, 2021. Because the 2018-2019 grant programs are now closed, remaining funds are included as carryover in the 2019-2020 grant awards. Grant staff are in the process of extending the Notice of Grant Awards (NOGAs) for the 2019-2020 ESSA and RLIS grant programs. You will receive email notification once your grant end dates have been extended.
Extension of Amendment Deadlines
Because the 2019-2020 ESSA and RLIS grants have been extended, the amendment deadlines for these programs are extended as follows:
New Amendment Deadline
Program Schedules (including the SC5000)
June 30, 2020
June 30, 2021
Guidance regarding the extension of 2019-2020 grant funds can be found in the Federal Funding and Grants FAQ, listed under District Waivers, Finance & Grants, TEA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Support and Guidance website.
Please submit questions to email@example.com.