June 2017 Information
1. State Board of Education Operating Rules, Amended January 31, 2017
2. Registration Form for Public Testimony at State Board of Education Meetings
3. Current Status of the Permanent School Fund
4. 2017-2021 Rule Review Plan for State Board of Education Rules
This item outlines the rule review plan for State Board of Education (SBOE) rules during the period of September 2017 through August 2021. Texas Government Code, §2001.039, requires an ongoing four-year rule review of existing state agency rules, including SBOE rules. The rule review requirement is designed to ensure that the reason for initially adopting or readopting a rule continues to exist.
5. State Board of Education Meeting Schedule for 2018
According to the Texas Education Code, §7.106, the State Board of Education (SBOE) is to hold four meetings a year in Austin, Texas on dates determined by the chair. The SBOE may also hold other meetings as may be called by the chair. The purpose of this item is to announce SBOE meeting dates in 2018.
6. Review of Annual Audit Plan of the Division of Financial Compliance for 2017-2018 School Year
This item covers the annual audit plan of the Division of Financial Compliance for the 2017-2018 school year for field and independent financial reviews as specifically described in 19 TAC Chapter 109, Texas Education Agency Audit Functions, §109.21, Annual Audit Plan.