Request for Prior Approval, Disclosure, and Justification Forms
EDGAR and Application-Related Forms
EDGAR requires local educational agencies (LEAs) to request approval from or provide justification to the state educational agency before taking certain actions involving grant funds that follow EDGAR. TEA has developed forms for LEAs to use in requesting that approval or providing justification. See the process described below for submitting any of the forms.
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure
- Inventory Disposition Request
- Mandatory Disclosure
- Request to Add Program Income to Federal or State Grant Award and Expand Delivery of Programmatic Services
- Request for Approval of Special or Unusual Costs
- Request for Noncompetitive Procurement (Sole-Source) Approval
- Request for Other Noncompetitive Procurement Approval (Not Sole Source)
- Request for Approval of Participant Support Costs
Activities That Require Prior Approval
Under 2 CFR 200.456, some activities require prior approval. TEA has provided prior approval for the following activities:
- Equitable services to private nonprofit schools that are required, and therefore allowable, under federal program statute; this includes registration and travel costs for participating in allowable professional development activities
- Parental involvement activities required, and therefore allowable, under federal program statute; this includes registration and travel costs for participating in allowable parent trainings or conferences and required parent involvement/advisory committees
Use these forms as follows:
- Open the form and enter the subrecipient's county-district number.
- Print a copy of the form, which is already approved.
- Maintain the completed form locally as documentation of the approval. The form must be provided to auditors or monitors upon request. The form is not required to be submitted to TEA.
The approvals are retroactive to the beginning date of the grant period as noted on the subrecipient’s Notice of Grant Award (NOGA) for programs in which the activity is required/allowable. There is no need to submit individual requests for approval of these activities.
The subrecipient may complete and submit prior approval request forms for other types of participant support costs, such as travel for school board members to attend an allowable program training, to TEA on an individual basis.
Please email GrantSupport@tea.texas.gov with any questions regarding this approval.
Other Application-Related Forms
These forms are maintained locally as specified in the application guidelines and instructions and are to be made available to TEA upon request.
Submit these forms, when requested, to justify expenditure of grant funds.
- Justification of Specific Expenditure: Hosting or Sponsoring of Conference
- Justification of Specific Expenditure: Educational Field Trips
- Justification of Specific Expenditure: Out-of-State Travel
- ESSA Consolidated Administrative Funds
Process for Submitting Forms or Disclosures (Other Than Application-Related Forms)
For forms that currently require USDE approval because TEA has not yet been delegated the authority to approve the requests, submit the forms to TEA for consideration. TEA may or may not be able to provide an approval. USDE has indicated that they are in process of developing policy related to the requirements and will issue guidance at a later date.
To submit disclosures or other application-related forms to TEA, download and complete the appropriate form(s) above. Submit the completed form by mail, fax, or email to the address below. You will receive a formal response from TEA for each request submitted.
Department of Grant Compliance and Administration
1701 N. Congress Ave.
Austin, TX 78701-1494
Fax: (512) 463-9176
For details on EDGAR, refer to the EDGAR Materials and Resources page of the TEA website.
Grants Administration Division
Phone: (512) 463-8525
Fax: (512) 463-9564