TEA announces eight school systems named to second Lone Star Governance Exemplar Cohort
AUSTIN – Commissioner of Education Mike Morath announced today that eight Texas school systems have been selected to be part of the Lone Star Governance (LSG) Exemplar Cohort II. The cohort is designed for local governing teams – school board members and their superintendents – that aspire to leverage a continuous improvement mindset and framework in order to have the greatest impact on student performance and outcomes.
The eight governing teams participating in Cohort II are: Cumby ISD; Donna ISD; Fabens ISD; Hidalgo ISD; Natalia ISD; New Frontiers Public Schools; Round Rock ISD; and Snyder ISD.
As part of the LSG Exemplar Cohort II, the governing teams have committed to a year-long program. Members of the cohort will take part in the Texas Education Agency’s LSG training, as well as receive extensive access to coaching and technical support from certified LSG Coaches. These school board and superintendent supports include:
- Attendance at an LSG workshop;
- Monthly board, board chair, superintendent, and staff implementation support;
- Quarterly self-evaluation support;
- Quarterly cohort calls;
- All statutorily required board member trainings;
- Early access to upcoming Lone Star Governance-related trainings; and
- Collaboration with high-performing governing teams.