February 9, 2016
TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ADDRESSED:
and Mileage Reimbursement
Comptroller of Public Accounts has published the travel and mileage
reimbursement rates to be effective through August 31, 2016, as listed below:
- The automobile mileage reimbursement rate is 54 cents per mile.
- The lodging reimbursement rate is up to $85 a night for in-state
travel to areas not listed on the federal per diem rate map.
- The lodging reimbursement rate is up to $89 a night for
out-of-state travel to areas not listed on the federal per diem rate map.
- The meal reimbursement rate for overnight travel is up to $51 per
day for travel to areas not listed on the federal per diem rate map.
- The meal reimbursement rate for non-overnight travel is up to $36.
lodging, and meal reimbursement rates published by the comptroller apply to all
grants funded by the Texas Education Agency for individuals on travel status.
For more detailed
information regarding allowable travel expenses, consult the Texas
State Comptroller’s website.
Follow these steps to locate information on the comptroller’s site regarding
per diem rates for lodging and meals for specific cities or counties:
the “Finances & Economy” tab at the top of the home page.
down to the “Fiscal Management” section, and select “State of Texas Travel
the “Resources” section, select the “Textravel” logo.
either the Meals and Lodging or the Transportation tab.
- In the “Rates” section in the right
column, select “Current Rates.”
See the attached
guidelines for more travel information. If you have any further questions,
please submit a request to the TEA Help Desk.
Cory Green, Chief
Division of Grants Administration