September 15, 2017
TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ADDRESSED:
SUBJECT: Travel and Mileage Reimbursement
The Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts has published the travel and mileage reimbursement rates to be effective September 1, 2017, through August 31, 2018, as summarized below:
- The automobile mileage reimbursement rate is 53.5 cents per mile.
- The meal reimbursement rate for overnight travel is listed by city on the federal per diem rate map. If the city you are traveling to is not listed, use the daily rate for the county. If the county to which you are traveling is not listed, use the current maximum daily reimbursement rate of $51.
- The meal reimbursement rate for non-overnight travel is up to $36.
- Lodging reimbursement rates for in-state and out-of-state travel are listed on the federal per diem rate map. If the city you are traveling to is not listed, use the daily rate for the county. If the county to which you are traveling is not listed, use the applicable maximum daily reimbursement rate:
- From September 1–30, 2017, up to $91 for in-state or out-of-state lodging
- From October 1, 2017, through August 31, 2018, up to $93 for in-state or out-of-state lodging
The mileage, lodging, and meal rules and reimbursement rates published by the comptroller apply to all grants that TEA administers for individuals on travel status.
See the attached guidelines for summarized travel information. For detailed travel rules and reimbursement rate information, visit the Texas State Comptroller’s website.
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cory Green, Associate Commissioner
Department of Grants Compliance and Oversight