May 2, 2019
State Performance Plan Indicator 14 in the Texas Student Data System
State Performance Plan Indicator 14 Update
Share with appropriate staff
The State Performance Plan Indicator 14 (SPPI-14) is now a state reporting feature in the Texas Student Data System (TSDS). The TSDS Core Application will include the SPPI-14 collection. The SPPI-14 collection will be used to gather data for students with disabilities enrolled in grades 9-12 who have exited a local education agency (LEA) and have a leaver record with certain leaver codes as reported in the 2019-2020 PEIMS Fall submission. This data will be used to inform stakeholders, such as educators, parents, and legislators, about the effectiveness of educational programs and student outcomes for youth who are no longer in secondary school and had an Individual Education Program (IEP) in effect at the time they left school in accordance with 20 U.S.C. 1416(a)(3)(B). The SPPI-14 data collection will be made available to LEAs to submit student level data in the 2019-2020 school year.
The SPPI-14 data collection will be available beginning September 9, 2019 and continuing through February 20, 2020.
The information below is designed to assist LEAs in the SPPI-14 data submission process.
Request Roles for Submitting Data
The following TSDS Portal user roles will be used for the SPPI-14 data collection. The roles allow users to load SPPI-14 data, promote/validate the data, complete the data, and view the data. There is also a role to submit help desk tickets. The same person may have multiple roles. When a user requests a Core user role, they must also select the SPPI-14 privilege to access the SPPI-14 collection.
- The person designated to load data for SPPI-14 will request the Operational Data Store (ODS) Data Loader role.
- The person designated to promote/validate the SPPI-14 data will request the Core Data Promoter role.
- The person designated to approve and complete the SPPI-14 data will request the Core Data Completer role.
- The person designated to only view the reports will request the Core Data Viewer Role.
- The Regional Education Service Center (ESC) staff person designated to monitor or view the LEA SPPI-14 data collection will request the Core ESC Data Viewer role.
- The person designated to submit help desk tickets through the TSDS Incident Management System (TIMS) will request the TIMS L1 Support role.
These roles can be requested via the TEAL secure portal at https://pryor.tea.state.tx.us/.
NOTE: A TEAL account that is not linked to an application will be suspended after 90 days of inactivity.
Data Collection Process
- Download the Client-Side Validation Tool from the TSDS Portal to validate the extracted TEDS Compliant XML data for SPPI-14.
- ODS Data Loader: Upload SPPI-14 data via the DTU or manually by logging in to TSDS.
- Core Data Promoter Role: Promote and validate the data for the SPPI-14 collection.
- Core Data Completer Role: Once the data has been submitted and verified, the data is ready for completion.
LEAs should contact their ESCs or a certified vendor for SPPI-14 training and support. Certified staff will have completed training for TSDS and data loading and will be able to assist in this process. LEAs can begin loading data for the 2019-2020 school year beginning August 5, 2019 and may begin promoting the data beginning September 9, 2019. The collection will close on February 20, 2020.
- Training and support for SPPI-14
If you have additional questions about the policy of 20 U.S.C. 1416(a)(3)(B), please contact TEA staff via email at SPED@tea.texas.gov. All technical questions should be submitted via the TSDS Incident Management System (TIMS), which is available within the TSDS application.