Important training and information sessions on the 2017–2018 ESSA Consolidated Grant Application
March 3, 2017
TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ADDRESSED:
SUBJECT: Important training and information sessions on the 2017–2018 ESSA Consolidated Grant Application
The purpose of this letter is to inform all grantees of the schedule for trainings and information sessions regarding major changes to the NCLB Consolidated Federal Grant Application.
The grant application for the 2017–2018 school year implements regulatory changes from the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), which supersedes the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB). TEA strongly recommends that all grantees that receive NCLB funding ensure that applicable staff attend these sessions.
Passed in December 2015, ESSA reauthorizes the Elementary and Secondary School Education Act of 1965 (ESEA), just as NCLB reauthorized ESEA in 2001. In school year 2017‑2018, ESSA will replace NCLB.
ESSA increases TEA and LEA responsibility in areas such as performance monitoring and continuous improvement planning. The 2017–2018 ESSA Consolidated Grant Application incorporates two new schedules designed to meet the new ESSA requirements:
- Schedule PS3001—Needs Assessment, Priorities, and Program Outcomes addresses the performance monitoring requirement.
- Schedule PS3099—Private School Services incorporates the new formula for determining private school services in ESSA.
To help ensure that all applicants are prepared to properly complete these new schedules, TEA has scheduled two types of training and information sessions:
- Education service center (ESC) cluster site trainings
ESC Cluster Site Trainings
In March and April 2017, TEA will hold cluster site trainings at selected ESCs throughout the state. TEA will focus these trainings on Schedule PS3001, Schedule PS3099, and performance monitoring requirements.
Each of the four cluster site trainings will cover the same content, and LEAs may attend any training. Use the links to register directly with the following ESCs:
- March 9, 2017: ESC 2 (Corpus Christi)
- March 20, 2017: ESC 11 (Ft. Worth)
- March 24, 2017: ESC 17 (Lubbock)
- April 10, 2017: ESC 4 (Houston)
TEA staff will offer three webinars on the ESSA Consolidated Grant Application and Schedules PS3001 and 3099 on the following dates:
- Friday, March 3, 2017: 9:30–11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, March 23, 2017: 1:30–3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017: 9:30–11:00 a.m.
Each webinar will cover the same content.
Please connect to the webinar online by computer and by telephone five minutes prior to start time. The log-in details are as follows:
- Web access - https://stateoftexasteaweb.centurylinkccc.com/CenturylinkWeb/GFFCGFFC First time CenturyLink CCC user can run a system test at: http://www-na2.globalmeet.com/w/GMTest/index.html?loc=en
- Audio Access – Dial 1-877-820-7831, and then enter the access code 933405# (# symbol is needed)
For Further Information
With any questions about accessing the webinar or the content of ESC cluster site trainings, please contact Susan Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 936-2293 or Anita Villarreal at email@example.com or (512) 463-9244.
With questions about registering for an ESC cluster site training session, please contact the ESC directly. The links listed above include all ESC contact information.
Cory Green, Associate Commissioner
Department of Grants Compliance and Oversight