August. 28, 2018TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ADDRESSED:
SUBJECT: Distinguished Teacher and Principal Talent Pool Recommendation
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) would like to invite the education community to recommend distinguished classroom teachers and/or principals to be included in the Texas talent pool.
We invite you to recommend distinguished classroom teachers and/or principals who have demonstrated the following:
- Exceptional educational talent as evidenced by effective instructional practices and student learning results in the classroom and school;
- Exemplary educational accomplishments beyond the classroom that provide models of excellence for the profession;
- Contributions to education that are largely unheralded yet worthy of the spotlight;
- Strong long-range potential, as an early- to mid-career educator, for professional and policy leadership; and
- An engaging and inspiring presence that motivates and impacts students, colleagues, and the community.
Please complete a Talent Pool Recommendation Form for each individual, including a one-page letter explaining how this person meets the criteria outlined in this letter, and a resume for each recommendation. All nominations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 7, 2018.
We look forward to working with you as we continue our efforts to recognize the distinguished teachers and/or principals in the state. For more information, please contact Allison Friedlander by email at Allison.Friedlander@tea.texas.gov.
Deputy Commissioner for Educator and System Support