Compliance Report-PR7000 Private Nonprofit School Participation for School Year 2016-2017 - ISDs Only
Applicable NCLB/ESSA Federal Programs
FAR Revenue Code 5929
Title I, Part A: FAR Fund Code 211/300
CFDA No. 84.010A
Title I, Part C: FAR Fund Code 212/301
CFDA No. 84.011A
Title II, Part A: FAR Fund Code 255/342
CFDA No. 84.367A
Title III, Part A—LEP: FAR Fund Code 263/350
CFDA No. 84.365A
Title III, Part A—Immigrant: FAR Fund Code 263/350
CFDA No. 84.365A
February 21, 2017
TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ADDRESSED:
SUBJECT: Compliance Report- PR7000 Private Nonprofit School Participation for School Year 2016–2017 - ISDs Only
The 2016–2017 PR7000 Private Nonprofit School Participation Report is now available to independent school districts (ISDs) in eGrants. Note that the PR7000 is not applicable to open-enrollment charter schools, South Texas ISD, Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Texas School for the Deaf, Texas Juvenile Justice Department, or Windham School District.
All other ISDs must report compliance with private nonprofit school participation for applicable No Child Left Behind (NCLB) federal programs by submitting the PR7000 in eGrants no later than 5:00 p.m. Central Time, April 3, 2017, the deadline date.
Submission of the PR7000 in eGrants is required even if private nonprofit schools chose not to participate in applicable 2016–2017 NCLB federal programs or there are no existing private nonprofit schools located within the ISD boundaries. In addition, ISDs that are members of shared services arrangements (SSAs) for any applicable NCLB federal programs are required to submit their own PR7000 in eGrants. Data reported in the PR7000 will be used to determine Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) funding for 2017-2018.
PR7000 Private Nonprofit Participation Information
ISDs must report private nonprofit school participation for applicable 2016-2017 NCLB federal programs by reporting the following information:
- Number of private nonprofit schools within independent school district boundaries
- Number of eligible private nonprofit schools out of school district boundaries attended by eligible school district students
- Number of private nonprofit schools participating
- Number of eligible students enrolled in participating private nonprofit schools
- Number of students enrolled in participating private nonprofit schools identified as limited English proficient (LEP) for schools participating in Title III, Part A, LEP (data reported by the school district is used by the Texas Education Agency for funding purposes)
- Number of students enrolled in participating private nonprofit schools identified as immigrant for schools participating in Title III, Part A, Immigrant (data reported by the school district is used by the Texas Education Agency for funding purposes)
Accessing the PR7000
The PR7000 and instructions are available through the school district’s Grantee Profile in eGrants. Review the PR7000 instructions prior to completing the compliance report to ensure accurate reporting of private nonprofit data.
To locate the compliance report and instructions:
- Logon to TEA Secure Environment (TEASE).
- From the Application List, select eGrants.
- Type in your County District #.
- Select the entry titled “2016–2017 NCLB Consolidated Federal Grant Application”.
- Scroll to the section titled “eGrant Progress/Compliance/Evaluation Reports”.
- Open Form Description “2016-2017 NCLB Private Nonprofit Participation Report”.
Remedies for Noncompliance
If a school district does not submit the PR7000 form by the April 3, 2017, deadline date, 34 CFR 200.338 authorizes the Texas Education Agency to apply one or more of the following remedies for noncompliance:
- Temporarily withhold cash payments pending correction of the deficiency or more severe enforcement action.
- Disallow all or part of the cost of an activity or action not in compliance.
- Wholly or partly suspend or terminate the Federal award.
- Initiate suspension or debarment proceedings as authorized under 2 CFR part 180 and Federal awarding agency regulations.
- Withhold further awards for the project or program.
- Take other remedies that may be legally available.
For Further Information
If you have any questions regarding the PR7000, please email the Federal Fiscal Compliance and Reporting Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ed Santiago, Senior Director
Federal Fiscal Compliance and Reporting Division