November 29, 2018
2019–2020 Process for Requesting Indirect Cost Rates (Independent School Districts Only)
Funding Implications and Pending Deadline
Independent School Districts to submit ICRP Additional Costs Workbook by 1/18/19 to receive an indirect cost rate for 2019–2020
Process for Requesting an Indirect Cost Rate for ISDs
Independent school districts (ISDs) must request an indirect cost rate each year by completing and submitting the Indirect Cost Rate Proposal (ICRP) Additional Costs Workbook (ACW). The deadline for submitting the workbook, and thus requesting an indirect cost rate for 2019–2020, is January 18, 2019.
The submission of the ICRP ACW serves as an ISD’s request for an indirect cost rate. Rates will be calculated only for ISDs that submit a completed workbook. If the ISD does not submit a completed workbook, TEA will not calculate or issue a rate for that ISD for the 2019–2020 school year.
ISD and TSDS/PEIMS Data
In the completed workbook, the ISD provides approximately 10% of the data required to complete the ICRP. The remaining 90% of the required data are drawn from the ISD’s certified Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) data.
TEA will populate an ICRP for each ISD that submits a workbook by merging PEIMS data with the ISD’s submitted data. TEA will then provide each ISD with its completed ICRP for review and certification. Information regarding ISD certification of the completed ICRP will be provided in early 2019.
Completing and Submitting the Workbook
The ICRP ACW is available from the Indirect Cost Rates page of the TEA website or from the secure GFFC Reports and Data Collections application (accessible through TEAL).
Instructions for completing the workbook are available on the Indirect Cost Rates webpage.
The current ICRP ACW includes worksheets for Additional Costs FY18 and Organizational Chart for school year 2017–2018 only. No analysis or classification of costs by the ISD will be required. For ISDs that submitted the ICRP ACW last year to receive an indirect cost rate in 2018–2019, the two previous years of financial data (2015–2016 and 2016–2017) required to be included in the ICRP will be carried forward from last year’s submission when TEA creates the ICRP.
The ISD submits the workbook through the secure GFFC Report and Data Collections application. The Instructions document includes step-by-step upload instructions.
If this is the first time your ISD is submitting an ICRP ACW, you must also submit the additional two years of financial data. If this is the case, please contact the Federal Fiscal Compliance and Reporting (FFCR) Division at the e-mail below for further instructions and additional forms.
2019–2020 Indirect Cost Rate Timeline for ISDs
The following table lists milestones for the indirect cost rate request process:
ICRP ACW is made available via the Indirect Cost Rates webpage and the secure GFFC Reports and Data Collections application, accessible through the Texas Education Agency Login (TEAL).
Due date for ISDs to request an indirect cost rate by submitting the ICRP ACW in GFFC Reports and Data Collections.
December – April
TEA reviews all submitted ICRP ACWs and requests clarification and/or re-submissions, as needed.
TEA provides completed ICRPs to ISDs for review and certification.
Due date for ISDs to submit ICRP Certification in GFFC Reports and Data Collections
Indirect Cost Rate notification letters posted in GFFC Reports and Data Collections, accessible through TEAL.
Please refer to the Indirect Cost Rates page of the TEA website for further information and additional resources regarding indirect cost rates.
For Further Information
If you have questions about the indirect cost rate process and/or the ICRP ACW, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.