2018 Alternative Education Accountability (AEA) Campus Registration
March 26, 2018
TO THE SUPERINTENDENT ADDRESSED:
The 2018 alternative education accountability (AEA) campus registration process for the state academic accountability system is now open. It closes at 5:00 p.m. CDT on Friday, April 6, 2018. If your school district (district) or open-enrollment charter school (charter school) does not need to register a campus for AEA, no action is required.
This notice provides the following information for districts and charter schools with alternative education campuses (AECs) that may be eligible for AEA provisions for 2018 state accountability:
- The 2018 AEA campus registration process
- The Texas Education Agency Secure Environment (TEASE) Accountability application
- The AEA criteria for at-risk and grades 6–12 enrollment
- The 2018 Final AEA Campus List and 2018 Final AEA Charter List
For AECs that were previously registered under AEA provisions in 2017 and wish to remain registered for 2018, no action is necessary.
The 2018 AEA Campus Registration Process
AEA campus registration is filed online using the forms found on the TEASE Accountability application.
- AECs evaluated by AEA provisions in 2017 that meet the 75 percent at-risk criterion and have at least 50 percent of their students enrolled in grades 6–12, as verified through 2017–18 TSDS PEIMS fall enrollment data, are automatically pre-registered for 2018. Please check the attached 2018 Pre-Registered AEC List for pre-registered AECs.
- Filing a 2017–18 AEA Campus Rescission Form is required for each pre-registered AEC that does not wish to be evaluated by AEA provisions in 2018.
- Filing a 2017–18 AEA Campus Registration Form is required for each AEC that is not on the 2018 Pre-Registered AEC List and that wishes to be evaluated by AEA provisions in 2018.
- Districts and charter schools can monitor the approval status of registrations and/or rescissions using the AEA Campus Registration Status Report on the TEASE Accountability application.
The 2018 AEA campus registration process closes at 5:00 p.m. CDT on Friday, April 6, 2018. Rescissions and registrations received after registration closes will not be processed.
How to Access the TEASE Accountability Application
- Log on to TEASE at https://seguin.tea.state.tx.us/apps/logon.asp, or if you have migrated your TEASE account to the TEA Login (TEAL) secure portal, log on to https://tealprod.tea.state.tx.us/TSP/TEASecurePortal/Access/LogonServlet.
- If you have access to TEASE Accountability, you will see ACCT – Accountability listed as one of the web applications. Launch ACCT – Accountability.
- Superintendents who do not have access to TEASE Accountability must request a username and password through the TEA Secure Applications page at https://tea.texas.gov/About_TEA/Other_Services/Secure_Applications/TEA__Secure_Applications_Information.
- You may also use the TEA Secure Applications page to reset your TEASE password. If you are unsure whether you have TEASE access and/or have forgotten your TEASE username, email TEA Security at ComputerAccess@tea.texas.gov.
- At-Risk Enrollment In order to be evaluated by 2018 AEA provisions, each registered AEC must have at least 75 percent of its student population considered at risk, as verified through 2017–18 TSDS PEIMS fall enrollment data. The Prior-Year TSDS PEIMS At-Risk Safeguard is applied for AECs not meeting this criterion. AECs that do not have 75 percent at-risk enrollment or benefit from the safeguard are removed from the 2018 Pre-Registered AEC List.
- Grades 6–12 Enrollment In order to be evaluated by 2018 AEA provisions, each registered AEC must have at least 50 percent of its students enrolled in grades 6–12, as verified through 2017–18 TSDS PEIMS fall enrollment data. AECs that do not have 50 percent grades 6–12 enrollment are removed from the 2018 Pre-Registered AEC List.
Dropout Recovery Schools (DRS)
In accordance with TEC, §39.0548(a)(1), an AEC is designated as a DRS if at least 50 percent of the students enrolled are 17 years of age or older as of September 1, 2017.
2018 Final AEA Campus List
The 2018 Final AEA Campus List will be available in May 2018. It will contain AECs on the 2018 Pre-Registered AEC List and AECs that registered during the 2018 AEA registration process. AECs that file a rescission form will be removed from the 2018 Final AEA Campus List.
2018 Final AEA Charter List
The 2018 AEA Final Charter List will be available in May 2018. The following charter school operators will be evaluated by 2018 AEA provisions:
- Charter schools that operate only registered AECs
- Charter schools that operate both non-AEA campuses and registered AECs, if at least 50 percent of the students are enrolled at registered AECs, as verified through 2017–18 TSDS PEIMS fall enrollment data
Charter schools that operate both non-AEA campuses and registered AECs with fewer than 50 percent of the students enrolled at registered AECs do not qualify for evaluation by AEA provisions.
If you have questions regarding the AEA campus registration process, please contact the Department of Performance Reporting at (512) 463-9704 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Texas Education Agency
Office of Academics
Penny Schwinn, Chief Deputy Commissioner
Performance Reporting–Jamie Crowe, Executive Director
Attachment – 2018 AEA Pre-Registered Campus List