2018–2019 Annual Survey of Children in Local Residential Facilities for the Neglected/Delinquent (SC9000)
October 25, 2017
TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ADDRESSED:
SUBJECT: 2018–2019 Annual Survey of Children in Local Residential Facilities for the Neglected/Delinquent (SC9000)
The 2018–2019 Annual Survey of Children in Local Residential Facilities for the Neglected/Delinquent (SC9000) is now available in TEA’s eGrants system. The purpose of the survey is to provide the US Department of Education (USDE) with accurate information on the location and number of children who live in residential facilities for the neglected or delinquent.
USDE needs this information to calculate school year 2018–2019 Title I, Part A, and Title I, Part D, Subpart 2 federal funding allocations for the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
Applicable local educational agencies (LEAs) must complete and submit the SC9000 in eGrants by 5:00 p.m. Central Time, December 5, 2017.
LEAs that must respond to the 2018–2019 SC9000 survey are those that have a neglected or delinquent residential facility located within their geographic boundaries or provide for the education of students who reside in that residential facility. The 2018–2019 SC9000 is available only to those LEAs.
Accessing the SC9000
Follow these steps to open the SC9000:
- Log on to TEA Secure Environment (TEASE).
- From the Application List, select eGrants.
- Open the “Available Grant Programs in eGrants” drop-down list.
- Select the entry titled “2018–2019 ESSA Consolidated Federal Grant Application”.
- Open form description “2018–2019 SC9000 Annual Survey of Children in Local Residential Facilities for the Neglected/Delinquent”.
Completing the SC9000
To complete the SC9000, the applicable LEA must contact the appropriate administrator of the residential facility to:
- Verify that the following SC9000 pre-populated residential facility information is accurate:
- Facility name
- Facility mailing address
- Independent school district boundary where the facility is located
- Type of facility (that is – either neglected or delinquent)
- Legal or administrative basis (that is – who licenses the facility)
Updates to the SC9000
To request changes to pre-populated 2018–2019 SC9000 facility information, remove a facility due to closure, or add a new facility, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting the SC9000
The deadline for submitting the SC9000 is December 5, 2017.
Follow these steps to certify and submit your completed SC9000 through eGrants:
- Complete the required information fields for the authorized official submitting the report:
- If the authorized official is the same as the primary contact, select Copy to automatically complete the required information fields.
- If the authorized official is not the same as the primary contact, type the required information into the fields.
- Select Certify and Submit.
For Further Information
If you have any questions about the SC9000, contact the Federal Fiscal Compliance and Reporting Division at (512) 463-9127 or email email@example.com.
James Connolly, Senior Director
Federal Fiscal Compliance and Reporting Division