Find the information, forms, and contacts you need to file a complaint related to special education programs on the special education dispute resolution process page.
File complaints against a school district or charter school with TEA for:
- Violations of programs required by federal law or programs for which the public education agency receives federal funds
- Misuse of federal or state funds by a public education agency
- Conditions at a school district or charter school that present a danger to the health, safety, or welfare of the students
- Violations of duties defined by statute or rule of school district boards of trustees, governing bodies of public charter schools, or superintendents or chief operating officers of school districts and public charter schools
- Violations of state assessment instrument security procedures
- Falsifications, fraudulent misrepresentations, or manipulations of information, including manipulations of records, reports, data, forms, statements of assurances, or certifications submitted to TEA through the Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS)
- Educator misconduct
Read our Frequently Asked Questions about complaints against school districts and charter schools.
TEA will not review complaints alleging violations that occurred more than two calendar years before the complaint is filed.
All complaints filed with the TEA must be in writing. We do not accept complaints by phone. A person or entity may file a written complaint with TEA by filling out the complaint form online or by mailing or faxing a hard copy to the address on the form.
**NOTE: TEA is having technical difficulties with our complaint form. Please download the Complaint Form, save to your computer, and then email your form to email@example.com or via fax to (512) 475-3665.
If a complaint leads to a special accreditation investigation (SAI) under the conditions set out in TEC 39.057, TEA's Special Investigation Unit (SIU) will conduct the investigation according to Agency-approved procedures, as mandated in TEC 39.058.