Complaints about Local Concerns

File complaints with the school district or charter school about:

  • Staff hiring and evaluation
  • Classroom assignments
  • Student retention and grading
  • Selection or provision of textbooks and materials
  • Student discipline
  • Facilities
  • Homework practices
  • Use of general education funds
  • Dress codes
  • Educational programs and services provided to an individual student
  • Actions or omissions of a public education agency employee, including an educator, substitute, contractor, or volunteer

If you have questions about how to file a complaint directly with a school district or charter school, please contact the Office of General Inquiry (se habla español) at (512) 463-9290 or