The New Generation System (NGS) is a web-based interstate information network that communicates demographic, educational and health data on migrant children to educators throughout the nation. The system allows educators to record the movement of migrant students through the educational process by producing on-line records of a student's educational progress and health profile. Educators can generate a student transfer document to facilitate academic placement as the student transfers schools. NGS also allows educators to generate various student-level, management and federal performance reports.
The Texas MEP has developed policies, procedures and guidelines to assist Local Education Agency (LEA) and/or Education Service Center (ESC) staff in implementing NGS activities. For more information, please click on the link below.
NGS Manual for School Year 2011-2012
- NGS Cover and Table of Contents (PDF, 57KB)
- Section 1 - NGS Introduction (PDF, 39KB)
- Section 2 - Required School District/ESC Activities Chart (PDF, 62KB)
- Section 3 - Required School District/ESC Activities, A-K (PDF, 310KB)
- Section 3 - Required School District/ESC Activities, L-W (PDF, 270KB)
- Section 4 - Documentation Procedures (PDF, 59KB)
- Section 5 - NGS Reports (PDF, 65KB)
- Section 6 - Resources (PDF, 420KB)
- Section 7 - Non-Project Districts (PDF,34KB)
NGS Password Request Form and Instructions (PDF, 27KB)
Statewide NGS Help Desk
The NGS Help Desk is available to NGS-member states, in addition to Texas LEA and ESC staff, to answer questions regarding data entry for NGS. Texas LEAs should first call their ESC NGS contact before communicating with the NGS Help Desk.
The NGS Help Desk may be reached as follows:
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (CST)
Telephone (toll-free): 1-866-326-9468
Fax: (206) 426-2230
For additional information, contact:
1701 North Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78701-1401