Pursuant to Texas Education Code (TEC) §28.006 (Reading Diagnosis) the superintendent, or a designee, of each school district and open-enrollment charter school is required to electronically report each kindergarten student’s raw score on kindergarten beginning of the year (BOY) reading instruments each year.
The kindergarten data collected under this provision are used to evaluate the effectiveness of prekindergarten programs and certain federal or government-subsidized child care and education programs under the Kindergarten Readiness System (KRS) formerly known as the School Readiness Certification System (SRCS). School districts and open-enrollment charter schools use the FERPA-compliant web-based reporting system.
Districts administering one of the reading assessments below will be required to provide data electronically. Please note the newly added assessments below that are now compatible with the system:
- Tejas LEE
- DIBELS Next
Newly added for 2012-2013:
- AIMSweb TEL
- AIMSweb MIDE
- Children’s Progress Academic Assessment(CPAA)
- Diagnostic Assessments of Reading, 2nd Edition(DAR-2)
- Fox in a Box
- ISIP™ Español Assessment
- Phonological Awareness Literacy Screening(PALS)
- STAR Reading Enterprise
- Vital Indicators of Progress(VIP)
The system will beavailable for data entry and registration beginning September 17, 2012 and continuing through December 14, 2012. After that time TEA or its representatives will be in contact with districts with registered users to finalize data if necessary.
- Districts may enter data into the system at any time during that period at the following link:https://tx.ereadi.com
- Customer support is provided from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST at 866-336-3025, option 4.
- E-mail and user manual support will be available from the website.
- Live WebEx (webinar) training sessions will be available to support users starting September 19, 2012. See attached schedule for times and topics.
Data Entry Procedure
- The superintendent should designate faculty, staff, or district employee to be responsible for data entry.
- Based on the type of access needed, there are four different levels of data entry:
- Classroom/Teacher level: Can enter information for one classroom. This role permits viewing and editing reports, imports, and student list.
- Campus Leader: Can import data or view reports for more than one classroom. This role can access the student lists or individual student records for classrooms on the campus after registration by contacting the system Customer Support.
- District Leader: Can import data or view reports for more than one campus. This role cannot access a student list or individual student record.
- Regional Leader: Can view reports for more than one district. This role cannot access a student list or individual student record.
- All new and returning users will register for the 2012-2013 school year during their first login.
- Beginning of Year (BOY) information for each kindergarten student is entered (1) through import of existing stored data or (2) individually through the classroom level entry. Both processes require new registration and login.
- The system allows for more than one assessment to be entered for each child provided the assessment was administered at approximately the same time.
Districts not using one of the above mentioned assessments as the kindergarten student diagnostic should notify TEA of their choice of diagnostic and continue administering their diagnostic assessments, retaining the data for collection by TEA at a later date.
TEA (Policy and Program):
Howard Morrison at 512-936-2546 or email@example.com, or Gina Day at 512-475-1877 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional Support (Program): please contact your Regional School Readiness Integration (SRI) Specialist, http://www.tea.state.tx.us//WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=5176
ESC 17 (Program):
Michelle Hilton at 806-281-5842 or email@example.com
OZ Systems (Program):
Lisa Payne at 866-336-3025 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have additional questions about the requirements of Texas Education Code §28.006, please contact Howard Morrison at 512-936-2546 or email@example.com.