The Texas Advanced Placement (AP)/International Baccalaureate (IB) Program recognizes and rewards students, teachers, and schools that demonstrate success in achieving the educational goals of the state. One of the awards available through this program is the Teacher Training Reimbursement (TTR). This incentive program allows the Texas Education Agency (TEA) to reimburse districts in an amount up to $450 for each AP/IB or Pre-AP/IB teacher attending qualified training.
2015 Teacher Training Reimbursement
In support of the AP and IB programs, applications and information for the 2015 Teacher Training Reimbursement (TTR) are now available. The deadline for a campus/district to make application for these awards is Friday, October 9, 2015.
For information regarding the 2014-2015 AP/IB Incentive Program, please see the September 2015 To the Administrator Addressed letter.
Guidelines for 2015 Teacher Training Reimbursements
In accordance with state law, funding priority for teacher training reimbursements will be given to teachers at public school campuses that do not offer AP or IB courses. Funding priorities are as follows:
- Eligible teachers at campuses that offer new AP/IB programs in the 2015-2016 school year, including IB candidate schools, will be reimbursed for the cost of training up to $450.
- Eligible teachers of courses revised for the 2015-2016 school year will be reimbursed for the cost of training up to $450. New courses for 2015-2016 include the following:
Any remaining TTR funds will be distributed evenly among all remaining eligible teachers. Please note that the amount of the reimbursement for this priority will not be known until all reimbursement applications have been received and approved.
- AP European History
- AP Art History
- AP Research
A teacher may receive the Teacher Training Reimbursement once every two years. A
teacher who received a reimbursement for the 2014 TTR is not eligible for the
Teachers must complete a 24-hour or longer TEA-approved Pre-AP or AP training or a 15-hour or longer TEA-approved Pre-IB or IB training. Conferences and workshops are NOT eligible for the TTR.
Programs which qualify for the TTR are:
- A College Board endorsed Pre-AP or AP institute of 24 hours or longer
- An IB-endorsed training of at least 15 hours or longer for candidate or authorized IB schools
- A science, math, or English 30-hour training provided by the National Math and Science Initiative (formerly Laying the Foundation)
2015 AP/IB Incentive Program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (PDF, 67KB)
Follow these steps to apply for reimbursement:
- Teachers fill out the 2015 TTR Teacher Application and submit the application with a certificate of completion to the authorized campus/district contact.
- The campus/district contact collects all teacher applications and compiles information for any eligible teacher in the 2015 Campus/District TTR Application.
- Each campus/district contact emails the completed 2015 Campus/District TTR Application to email@example.com no later than Friday, October 9, 2015. Please note the following requirements for emailing the Campus/District TTR Application.
- TTR applications must be submitted through Accellion, a secure file transfer protocol. For more information on submitting an email through Accellion, please visit Send files securely to TEA.
- The email must come from the email address of the responsible party - the campus principal, coordinator or the superintendent-appointed district coordinator. The responsible party is responsible for all information in the application.
- The body of the email must contain the following statement of certification:
- I, [name], [title], for [campus or district name] have verified the
information submitted to the Texas Education Agency via this email and
attached document and certify its truth and accuracy.
- Do not mail or fax the information. Mailed or faxed applications will not be accepted and will be returned to the sender.
Please Note: The process for applying for TTR is an evolving one. Please visit each link below and read all directions carefully. Contact TEA staff at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions related to the Texas AP/IB Incentive Program.
TTR Documents for 2015
See the following links for submission of TTR:
2015 Teacher Application (PDF, 56KB)
2015 Campus/District Application (PDF, 126KB)
2015 Campus/District Instructions (PDF, 89KB)
2015 Eligible Courses (PDF, 150KB)