Each educator preparation program in Texas which prepares beginning teachers must report certain information about the 2011-2012 year to the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) to conform to the federal Higher Education Act (HEA) by April 30, 2013. USDE contracts with Westat to gather Title II information. Westat maintains a website for this purpose at https://title2.ed.gov/default.asp (outside source), including an IHE Manual, FAQ, and a Technical Assistance page.
All programs which recommend for initial teacher certification for in Texas must report- so an EPP is excused only if they solely prepare candidates for non-initial fields like principal, counselor, superintendent, educational diagnostician, librarian or master teacher. Also note, data on supplemental fields aren’t included.
The Institutional Program Report Card (IPRC) web-based reporting tool will be sent to programs by Westat with logins and passwords in February. The Westat contacts (email@example.com) are the resources for trouble using the IPRC.
Please note an institution can be fined up to $27,500 for not complying.
Establishing an Title II ETS account:
Each educator preparation program is now required to enter their own student data at ETS. In the future, you will upload your Title II directly into the ETS website. In order to do that, you must establish a Title II account. Follow these directions to set up your account if you are new to your Title II reporting position.
- Go to the ETS website at https://tlcs.ets.org (outside source)
- Select “Create Account”, Type of Account: Check Institution or Organization
- Select the State from the pull down menu: Texas
- Institution or Organization: Select your EPP Program (Be sure to check your country/district number beside it ensure you are reporting for the right entity)
- Job Title: Primary User
- Select the service(s) you would like to access:
- Select “Title II Reporting Services. Account Type: Check “Primary”
- Enter your contact information.
- Once that is entered, click “Continue”
- You will be asked to check the information you entered.
- Then you must select the user name and password. WRITE DOWN THE USER NAME AND PASSWORD. Also, write down the answer to your security question also. Just a tip: pick out a question and enter the last word of the question as your answer. Example: What is the color of your first car? The answer would be “car”. That way you will never forget the answer to your question.
- Check that you have read the terms and that you agree to them. After you have agreed to the terms, then you will receive a message that your request has been sent to ETS. You will receive an email from ETS confirming your account creation.
- If you have any questions or issues entering data, please email ETS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If You are Experiencing Low Match Results
This was caused for any candidate where only First Name, Last Name, and Social Security Number were provided for match criteria. Social Security Numbers are not utilized in the TExES match criteria and as such ETS is unable to match based on just First Name and Last Name. You can rectify this issue by providing the student’s TEA ID Number and/or Date of Birth. We recommend entering the student’s First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, TEA ID Number, and Social Security Number. While the Social Security Number is not used as part of the match criteria it is used in identifying and rectifying issues. This is due to the fact that we can search for candidates in the TEA’s database (ECOS) by Social Security Number and this will often give us the complete picture needed for handling these cases. This is the match criteria is for Texas: TEA ID and Last Name and First Name, TEA ID and DOB, Last Name and First Name and DOB.
The Title II data collection application is written for all ETS client states. As a result all State ID numbers should be placed under the Praxis ID line regardless of state. If your perspective teacher’s TEA ID number is not eight digits long, please add leading zeros to fill that requirement. For exam a candidate’s TEA ID number is 1234567, it should be entered as 01234567. Another exam is if the ID is 98765, it should be entered as 00098765.