The following applicants have been preliminarily selected to receive a grant for the 2011-2013 Texas Literacy Initiative (TLI) grant program.
The purpose of the TLI grant program is to improve school readiness and success in the areas of language and literacy for disadvantaged students in targeted school districts, including their associated ECE providers, who will use the model of Literacy Lines to implement the Texas State Literacy Plan (TSLP).
The goals of the grant program are to:
- Increase the oral language and preliteracy skills of participating preschool children.
- Improve the performance of participating K–2 students on early reading assessments.
- Increase the percentage of participating students who meet or exceed proficiency on the state English language arts assessments in grades 3–12.
- Increase the use of data and data analysis to inform all decision making in participating districts, campuses, classrooms, and early learning settings.
- Increase the implementation of effective literacy instruction through Literacy Lines.
March 8, 2012– August 31, 2013
List of Awardees:
Brooks County ISD
El Paso ISD
La Marque ISD
La Vega ISD
Pilot Point ISD
San Antonio ISD
San Saba ISD
Tejano Center for Community Concerns, Inc.
Iris Adams (Funding)
Kathy Stewart (Program)
Federal and State Education Policy