A student is eligible to enroll in a course provided by the Texas Virtual School Network (TxVSN) only if the student:
- is younger than 21 years of age on September 1 of the school year,
- has not graduated from high school, and
- is otherwise eligible to enroll in a public school in Texas.
Additional Eligibility Requirement Information for Students
- Eighth grade students meeting the eligibility requirements described above who are ready to advance into high school courses are also eligible to take courses through the TxVSN.
- The Texas Education Code, Chapter 30A describes exceptions for dependents of a member of the United States military and students in foster care.
- An eligible student not enrolled in a Texas school district or open-enrollment charter school as a full-time student (“un-enrolled student) may enroll in up to two TxVSN courses a semester. The student is responsible for paying course fees.
Registration for TxVSN courses must be handled through the student’s school district or open-enrollment charter school in which the public school student is enrolled. Approved courses meeting state graduation requirements are available to students across the state through the network’s centralized student enrollment system. Un-enrolled students must register for TxVSN courses through their attendance zone school district. Students not currently enrolled in their home district or open-enrollment charter district should contact their attendance zone school district for more information.
To meet the definition of successful course completion, a student must complete all required course activities and assessments and earn a final grade of 70 or higher as assigned by the properly credentialed online course teacher.
Student Success Stories
TxVSN Course Review
TxVSN High School Catalog
TxVSN Dual Credit Catalog
Dual Credit Information
TEC 30A for the State Virtual School Network
For additional information, contact:
Texas Virtual School Network (TxVSN)
Texas Education Agency
1701 North Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78701