A Pre-Admission Content Test (PACT) can be used to obtain admission into an Educator Preparation Program (EPP). Tests taken through the PACT route are the same tests used for certification.
PACT Candidate Information
A candidate may take a PACT under two conditions:
- You must hold, or be scheduled to receive, a bachelor’s degree to register for a PACT.
- You may not be placed in a classroom as a teacher of record until you have received a bachelor’s degree.
- You have never been admitted to a Texas approved EPP.
PACT Test Registration
If you do not have a TEA ID number, do not create a profile on TEA:
- Go to Educational Testing Service (outside source) and register.
- Select New User.
- Select No TEA ID.
- Select the PACT option, which will generate a TEA profile and ID.
If you already have a TEA ID, contact TEA to have PACT approval added to your existing record.
A request for PACT approval will be denied if you are changing EPPs.