A Pre-Admission Content Test (PACT) can be used to obtain admission into an Educator Preparation Program (EPP). Tests taken through the PACT route are the same tests used for certification.
PACT Candidate Information
A candidate may take a PACT under the following conditions:
- You must hold, or be scheduled to receive, a bachelor’s degree to register for a PACT.
- You may not be placed in a classroom as a teacher of record until you have received a bachelor’s degree.
- You have never been admitted to a Texas approved EPP, or you are transferring to a different EPP. If you are transferring to a different EPP, your current EPP must complete a Candidate Transfer Form. You will need to contact Educator Certification and Testing at (512) 936-8400, Option 2 for assistance to activate PACT approval.
PACT Test Registration
If you do not have a TEA ID number, do not create a profile on TEA:
- Go to Educational Testing Service (outside source) and register.
- Select New User.
- Select No TEA ID.
- Select the PACT option, which will generate a TEA profile and ID.
If you already have a TEA ID, contact TEA at (512) 936-8400, Option 2 to have PACT approval added to your existing record.