Applicable NCLB Federal Programs
FAR Revenue Code 5929
Title I, Part A: FAR Fund Code 211/300
CFDA No. 84.010A
Title II, Part A: FAR Fund Code 255/342
CFDA No. 84.367A
Title III, Part A—LEP: FAR Fund Code 263/350
CFDA No. 84.365A
Title III, Part A—Immigrant: FAR Fund Code 263/350
Applicable IDEA-B Programs
FAR Revenue Code 5929
IDEA-B Formula: FAR Fund Code 224/313
CFDA No. 84.027
IDEA-B Preschool: FAR Fund Code 225/314
CFDA No. 84.173A
February 5, 2016
TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ADDRESSED:
SUBJECT: (REVISED) SC5050 Request for Federal Funding & Indirect Cost Rate for Charter Schools for the 2016–2017 School Year
The 2016–2017 Request for Federal Funding & Indirect Cost Rate for Charter Schools (SC5050) is now available in eGrants. The SC5050 is an eGrants special collections report that applies only to the following applicants:
• Open-enrollment charter schools
• South Texas independent school district
• Windham School District
• Texas Juvenile Justice Department
• Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired
• Texas School for the Deaf
TEA will use this submission of the SC5050 to determine the applicant's eligibility and planning amounts for No Child Left Behind (NCLB) and Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA, Part B) federal programs for the LEAs listed above, and for open-enrollment charter schools to request indirect cost rates.
SC5050 Deadline: April 7, 2016
To ensure eligibility and planning amounts are determined for the applicant, the SC5050 must be certified and submitted in eGrants no later than April 7, 2016.
Capturing Actual Enrollment Figures (REVISED)
The SC5050 form requests
specific categories of actual enrollment data as of a specific date in the 2015–2016 school year. The applicant
chooses the date, which cannot be later than the April 7, 2016, due date of the
SC5050. Projected enrollment data is
Please note that Part 4: Actual Enrollment of the SC5050 form now includes the following columns for the applicant to report actual enrollment by resident public school district:
• Total enrollment (ages 3 through 21),
• Special education enrollment (ages 3 through 5), and
• Special education enrollment (ages 3 through 21).
The information submitted on the SC5050 form is binding. No changes will be allowed after the form is submitted. Applicants are advised to ensure data entered has been thoroughly reviewed for accuracy and that auditable documentation is on file to support the data reported.
Access to SC5050 Form
To access the SC5050 form, logon to eGrants through TEASE or TEAL and follow these steps:
1. From the Application List, select eGrants.
2. Open the dropdown list titled "Available Grant Programs in eGrants."
3. From the dropdown list, select the entry titled "2016–2017 Data Collections for Federal Funding."
4. Select "2016–2017 Request for Federal Funding & Indirect Cost Rate for Charter Schools."
For Further Information
If you have questions, please contact the Division of Federal Fiscal Compliance and Reporting at (512) 463-9127(512) 463-9127 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ed Santiago, Senior Director
Division of Federal Fiscal Compliance and Reporting