Applicable NCLB Federal Programs
FAR Revenue Code 5929
Title I, Part A: FAR Fund Code 211/300
CFDA No. 84.010A
Title I, Part C: FAR Fund Code 212/301
CFDA No. 84.011A
Title II, Part A: FAR Fund Code 255/342
CFDA No. 84.367A
Title III, Part A—LEP: FAR Fund Code 263/350
CFDA No. 84.365A
Title III, Part A—Immigrant: FAR Fund Code 263/350
CFDA No. 84.365A
February 16, 2016
TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ADDRESSED:
SUBJECT: Reporting Requirement Applicable to ISDs Only: Compliance Report—PR7000 Private Nonprofit School Participation for School Year 2015–2016
The 2015–2016 PR7000 Private Nonprofit School Participation Report is now available in eGrants. All independent school districts (ISDs) are required to complete and submit the PR7000 no later than 5:00 p.m. Central Time, April 1, 2016.
The PR7000 is not applicable to open-enrollment charter schools, South Texas ISD, Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Texas School for the Deaf, Texas Juvenile Justice Department, or Windham School District.
School districts use the PR7000 to report compliance with private nonprofit school participation requirements for applicable No Child Left Behind (NCLB) programs. The following conditions apply to the PR7000:
- An ISD must submit the PR7000 in eGrants even if private nonprofit schools chose not to participate in applicable 2015–2016 NCLB federal programs.
- An ISD must submit the PR7000 in eGrants even if there are no existing private nonprofit schools located within the ISD boundaries.
- An ISD that is a member of a shared services arrangement for any applicable NCLB federal program is required to submit its own PR7000 in eGrants.
PR7000 Private Nonprofit Participation Information
School districts must report the following information regarding applicable NCLB programs for school year 2015–2016:
- Number of private nonprofit schools within independent school district boundaries
- Number of eligible private nonprofit schools out of school district boundaries attended by eligible school district students
- Number of private nonprofit schools participating
- Number of eligible students enrolled in participating private nonprofit schools
- Number of students enrolled in participating private nonprofit schools identified as limited English proficient (LEP) for schools participating in Title III, Part A, LEP (TEA uses the data reported for funding purposes)
- Number of students enrolled in participating private nonprofit schools identified as immigrant for schools participating in Title III, Part A, Immigrant (TEA uses the data reported for funding purposes)
Accessing the PR7000
The PR7000 and instructions are available through the school district’s Grantee Profile in eGrants. Review the PR7000 instructions prior to completing the compliance report to ensure accurate reporting of private nonprofit school participation data.
Follow these steps to locate the compliance report and instructions:
- Log on to TEA Secure Environment ( TEASE) or TEA Login ( TEAL).
- From the Application List, select eGrants.
- Open the Available Grant Programs in eGrants drop-down list.
- Select the entry titled “2015–2016 NCLB Consolidated Federal Grant Application”.
- Scroll to the section titled “eGrant Progress/Compliance/Evaluation Reports”.
- Open Form Description “2015-2016 NCLB Private Nonprofit Participation Report”.
Remedies for Noncompliance
Under federal regulation (2 CFR 200.338), TEA may apply one or more of the following remedies for noncompliance to any ISD that does not submit the PR7000 by the April 1, 2016, deadline:
- Temporarily withhold cash payments pending correction of the deficiency or more severe enforcement action.
- Disallow all or part of the cost of an activity or action not in compliance.
- Wholly or partly suspend or terminate the federal award.
- Initiate suspension or debarment proceedings.
- Withhold further awards for the program.
- Take other remedies that may be legally available.
For Further Information
If you have any questions regarding the PR7000, please contact the Division of Federal Fiscal Compliance and Reporting via email at email@example.com.
Ed Santiago, Senior Director
Division of Federal Fiscal Compliance and Reporting