October 15, 2014
TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ADDRESSED:
SUBJECT: Current Travel and Mileage Reimbursement Rates Applicable to State and Federal Grants from the Texas Education Agency
The Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts has published the travel and mileage reimbursement rates to be effective September 1, 2014, through December 31, 2014, as listed below:
• The automobile mileage reimbursement rate is 56 cents per mile.
• The lodging reimbursement rate is up to $85 a night for in-state travel to areas not listed on the federal per diem rate map.
• The lodging reimbursement rate is up to $83 a night for out-of-state travel to areas not listed on the federal per diem rate map.
• The meal reimbursement rate for overnight travel is up to $46 per day.
• The meal reimbursement rate for non-overnight travel is up to $36.
The mileage, lodging, and meal reimbursement rates published by the comptroller apply to all grants funded by the Texas Education Agency for individuals on travel status.
For more detailed information regarding allowable travel expenses, consult the Texas State Comptroller’s website. Follow these steps to locate information on the comptroller’s site regarding per diem rates for lodging and meals for specific cities or counties:
1. Select the “Finances & Economy” tab at the top of the home page.
2. Scroll down to the “Fiscal Management” section, and select “State of Texas Travel Information.”
3. In the “Resources” section, select the “Textravel” logo.
4. Select either the Meals and Lodging or the Transportation tab.
5. In the “Rates” section in the right column, select “Current Rates.”
See the attached guidelines for more travel information. If you have any further questions, please submit them to the TEA Help Desk.
Cory Green, Chief Grants Administrator
Division of Grants Administration